We have been working for some time on creating a "Dashboard" that will show us how our church is doing. We got a pretty sweet one setup as a proof of concept but it started getting out of control when everyone wanted new view and data displayed. So now we are on phase 2 of the Dashboard project.
We started by using a MS Access backend and a Perl web front end. This was not very flexible and took a lot of time to generate a new view. We are now planning on using MS SQL Server 2005 with Reporting Services for the database and reports. Also, we are working with a consultant from Wisconsin that has a lot of experience in designing dashboards. They are guiding us though the murky waters of MS SharePoint and the new Performance Point 2007 software.
We had a con-call with the company today and it went well. I'll post more when we hear back from them.
Post a Comment