TeraStation Update

The TeraStation works! I am waiting for the Cisco Gigabyte up links that I ordered for our switches so that it can kick up the transfer speed. Right now it they are just connected to 100 Mb links.

I had one TeraStation at our Grayslake site and one at our Libertyville site. This was going to be my plan but it came clear early on that our T1 wouldn't be able to handle the replication traffic because I couldn't schedule it to run at night. So, I moved the one at our Libertyville site to our youth building on the same property in Grayslake. There is a fiber connection between the two sites and makes backups a breeze. So far things are working well. My last automated email status update said that it was up to 7% usage.

No comments: